TIME Kid Of The Year
- Motivation & Inspiration
- Parenting & Family
- Professional Development
- Educators & Staff
Fee: $5K-10KInvite Orion
• 2021 TIME Kid Of The Year
• Collected 500K Books for Charity
• Seen on Ellen, Good Morning America, CBS Evening News
• Author of “A Kids Book About Leadership”
Orion Jean is a young man on a mission, sharing the gift of reading with hundreds of thousands of kids. He may be only 12 years old, but the number on his mind is 500,000.
That’s how many books the Texas boy hopes will be donated by the end of the month.
“I want to be able to share my love of literacy with as many people as possible,” he told CBS News.
In 2020, Jean won a student kindness contest where he displayed his own campaign of compassion. “Kindness is a virtue we can all possess. If we are willing to,” he said. “So why not start today? Because right now, it’s what we need more than ever.”
Jean told CBS News that winning that content “was really just the catalyst for something much bigger. It started out as an idea, but here we are today, the race to kindness was born.”
With his $500 prize, Jean donated toys to a Dallas Children’s Hospital. Next, through food drives and partnering with a relief group, he helped collect 100,000 meals for Texas families.
Now, his focus is books for children who may not have them at home.
“It’s all about my moral duty to help people,” he said. “You know, it’s my responsibility to be able to see these people who need help and know that I have the resources to help them.”
Deep thoughts from a boy who has yet to start the sixth grade.
“I hope that the impact that I have had is enough to keep people continuing to race to kindness and continuing to join me in this marathon because it’s not a sprint,” Jean said. “It’s not a one-time thing; it’s not a three-time thing. It’s something that can hopefully be continued on for years and years to come.”
An ambitious goal from a child whose heart just might be as big as he is.
In this inspiring and thought-provoking talk, TIME Kid of the Year, Orion Jean shares his insights on the life-changing power of kindness. Drawing from his personal experiences, Orion illuminates the impact of small acts of kindness on individuals and communities and demonstrates how kindness can make a significant difference in people’s lives.
With a clear and confident speaking style, Orion engages the audience with relatable stories and examples, highlighting how something as simple as a kind word or gesture can change the course of someone’s day, week, or even life. He challenges the audience to make a conscious effort to be kinder to one another and explore how collective acts of kindness can lead to a better world.
- Learn about the power of small acts of kindness and their potential impact on individuals and communities.
- Gain insights into how kindness can transform people’s lives and improve their overall well-being.
- Be inspired to make a conscious effort to be kinder to others and explore how their own actions can contribute to a kinder world.
- Learn practical tools and strategies for spreading kindness in their own lives and communities.
- Be encouraged to reflect on the importance of kindness and its role in creating a better world for themselves and future generations.
In this powerful and thought-provoking talk, Orion Jean, TIME Kid of the Year, discusses what the next generation needs from adults to build a brighter future for all. Drawing from his experiences and insights as a young changemaker, Orion illuminates the next generation’s challenges. He offers practical insights and actionable steps to support their growth and development.
With a passionate and engaging speaking style, Orion invites the audience to reflect on their roles as individuals and as a society in shaping the future for the next generation. He highlight the importance of listening to young people, empowering them to become leaders, and providing them with the tools and resources they need to thrive.
This talk is perfect for anyone who wants to positively impact the next generation, whether as a parent, educator, policymaker, or community leader. Participants will leave with a deeper understanding of the needs and aspirations of the next generation and practical strategies for supporting their growth and development.
- Gain insights into the challenges and opportunities facing the next generation from the perspective of a young changemaker.
- Learn practical tools and strategies for supporting the growth and development of young people.
- Be inspired to listen to young people and empower them to become leaders.
- Gain a deeper understanding of their roles as individuals and as a society in shaping the future for the next generation.
- Be encouraged to take action to support the next generation and build a brighter future for all.
“Orion Jean is leading the next generation with greatness and KINDNESS, and he is a great reminder that Head Start staff and educators have monumental impacts on how the the future think and act. We couldn't have asked for a better keynote to start off this monumental week!”National Head Start Association
“Fifth-grader is on a race to spread kindness.”The Washington Post
“Orion Jean, is an 11-year-old boy with a huge heart, is changing the lives of kids across the country.”CBS Evening News