My Life Online
Teaching Students to be Safe, Smart & Kind Online
- Character Education
- Digital Citizenship
- Grade K-5 Students
- Grade 6-12 Students
- Teachers & Staff
Fee: $3K-5KInvite MLO
• Engaging Presentation for Students
• Teaches Digital Citizenship & Online Safety
• Practical Resources for Parents & Staff
Students today are the first generation to grow up with text messaging in their pocket, and social media at their fingertips.
“8 to 18-year-olds spend an average of 7.5 hours in front of a screen each day.”
—The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
“Some 13-year-olds admit to checking social media 100 times per day.”
We believe students need a guide to greet them at the front door of the internet and empower them with a clear set of values, principles, and social skills to guide their lives online. Our digital citizenship curriculum and live presentations provide mentorship and guidance for students to thrive in today’s digital world.
Format: In-Person -or- Virtual
Ideal For: Grade K-12 Students (customized for each grade level)
Objective: Teaching students to be safe, smart, and kind online.
For over a decade, My Life Online has taught students across North America why it’s so important to be safe, smart, and kind online and shared a set of simple values and principles to live by in their digital lives.
In this presentation, we empower students to self-reflect and discover how their relationship with social media has changed since the beginning of the pandemic. Students will leave the presentation with three decisive actions they can take immediately to “upgrade” the way they use technology and interact with others in their day-to-day lives, both online and in person.
- Learn the three key questions needed to self-guide their life online and make the most of every post
- Practice the skills needed to be a critical consumer of online media
- Begin making decisions online based on their personal and professional goals
- Integrate a higher degree of empathy into their online communication
- Become aware that their Digital Footprint has short, medium, and long-term consequences – both positive and negative
- Discover how to create positive opportunities and relationships online
- Start to craft their positive digital citizen identity
- Through self-reflection, students will understand how their personal relationship with technology and social media has changed over the past 12-18 months.
- They will know the questions to ask themselves before every single piece of communication they share online.
- Students will enhance their ability to think critically about everything they consume in the media and social media.
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of why this conversation is more relevant to them than ever before.
Format: In-Person -or- Virtual
Ideal For: Parents, Educators, Staff
Objective: Empowering students to be safe, smart, and kind online.
- Empower Students for a Digital World: Equip parents, teachers, and staff with essential knowledge and skills to help students become safe, smart, and kind online.
- Understanding the Digital Landscape: Explore alarming facts, statistics, and the real-life experiences of today’s digital-native generation.
- Nurturing Responsible Social Media Use: Discover the often-overlooked aspect of teaching students about responsible social media usage.
- Inspiring Online Safety: Learn strategies to empower and enthuse kids to stay safe in the online world.
- Crafting a Positive Online Presence: Gain insights into guiding students in building a constructive and positive online identity.
- Essential Conversations About Online Life: Engage in three crucial dialogues that every caring adult should have concerning online life.
- Reimagining Social Media: Take a fresh perspective on your approach to social media in the digital age.
“My Life Online focuses on the positive impact of social media. If you’re looking for a program that will make an impact and give you the opportunity to create a positive culture in your school, My Life Online gives you the starting point to do that.”Grant Clatworthy, Principal
“Anyone that has any interaction with the internet needs to see this presentation. It gives students a perspective that will completely change how they interact with each other online.”Kate Fish, Vice Principal