My Life Online
Teaching Students to be Safe, Smart & Kind Online
- Character Education
- Digital Citizenship
- Grade K-5 Students
- Grade 6-12 Students
- Educators & Staff
Fee: $3K-5KInvite MLO
• Engaging Presentation for Students
• Teaches Digital Citizenship & Online Safety
• Practical Resources for Parents & Staff
Students today are the first generation to grow up with text messaging in their pocket, and social media at their fingertips.
“8 to 18-year-olds spend an average of 7.5 hours in front of a screen each day.”
—The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
“Some 13-year-olds admit to checking social media 100 times per day.”
We believe students need a guide to greet them at the front door of the internet and empower them with a clear set of values, principles, and social skills to guide their lives online. Our digital citizenship curriculum and live presentations provide mentorship and guidance for students to thrive in today’s digital world.
MY LIFE ONLINE PROGRAMS:
Format: In-Person -or- Virtual
Ideal For: Grade 4-12 Students
Objective: Teaching students to be safe, smart, and kind online.
- Learn the 3 key questions needed to self-guide their life online and make the most of every post
- Practice the skills needed to be a Critical Consumers of online media
- Begin making decisions online based on their personal and professional goals
- Integrate a higher degree of empathy into their online communication
- Become aware that their Digital Footprint has short, medium, and long-term consequences – both positive and negative
- Discover how to create positive opportunities and relationships online
- Start to craft their positive digital citizen identity
Format: Digital Resource for In-Classroom Learning
Ideal For: Grade K-3 Students
Objective: Building Healthy Habits For Smartphones, Screens, and Tablets
Format: In-Person -or- Virtual
Ideal For: Parents, Educators, Staff
Objective: Empowering students to be safe, smart, and kind online.
- The alarming facts, stats, and realities about growing up in the 21st century
- The one thing people forget to teach kids about social media
- How to help kids feel empowered and excited to be safe online
- How to help kids build a positive online presence
- The 3 key conversations every caring adult must have about their life online
- Refreshing your outlook on social media
For nearly seven years, My Life Online has taught kids across North America why it’s so important to be safe, smart, and kind online and shared a set of simple values and principles to live by in their digital lives.
In March 2020, the world changed dramatically, and the role that technology and social media play in our lives shifted.
In “My New Life Online,” we empower students to self-reflect and discover how their relationship with social media has changed since the beginning of the pandemic. Students will leave the presentation with three powerful actions they can take immediately to “upgrade” the way they use technology and interact with others in their day-to-day life, both online and in person.
Of course, we will still leave students with the same values and principles they’ve shared for nearly seven years.
- Students will understand how technology and social media have shifted since the beginning of the pandemic.
- Through self-reflection, students will understand how their personal relationship with technology and social media has changed over the past 12-18 months.
- Students will walk away with three ways they can upgrade the way they view and use technology each and every day.
- They will know the questions to ask themselves before every single piece of communication they share online.
- Students will enhance their ability to think critically about everything they consume in the media and social media.
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of why this conversation is more relevant to them than ever before.
“My Life Online focuses on the positive impact of social media. If you’re looking for a program that will make an impact and give you the opportunity to create a positive culture in your school, My Life Online gives you the starting point to do that.”Grant Clatworthy, Principal
“Anyone that has any interaction with the internet needs to see this presentation. It gives students a perspective that will completely change how they interact with each other online.”Kate Fish, Vice Principal