Practical Success Strategies from an Everest Mountaineer
- Leadership Development
- Motivation & Inspiration
- Middle & High School
- College & University
- Educators & Staff
Fee Range: $5K-10KInvite John
John Beede is a dynamic speaker with the perfect blend of leadership strategies, humor, goal-setting techniques, and a powerful message. Top it off with jaw-dropping worldwide adventure tales (including reaching the summit of Mount Everest) and you’ve got a recipe for something your students and staff will be talking about long after it’s over.
Struck by lightning. Attacked by a 5-foot iguana. Swam with whale sharks, crocodiles, great white sharks, and a pod of 300 dolphin. Leapt off a 500 foot bridge in Ecuador. Was stuck on a slab of ice sliding towards the edge of a 1500+ foot cliff while climbing in France. Has climbed the tallest mountains on every continent except Antarctica. Rode a bamboo raft between the legs of an elephant in Thailand.
Avalanches. Volcanoes. Tornadoes. Floods. Forest fires. John has survived them all. Heck, he even did the hokey-pokey in the eye of a hurricane. But of course, there’s also the adventure of climbing the world’s tallest mountain…Mount Everest.
John’s speech is results-driven while remaining highly interactive. Your audience will be on their feet, laughing and cheering back at John, yet minutes later, riveted to their seats by true stories of life-threatening adventures that were experienced in earth’s harshest environments. Most importantly, these tales are perfectly integrated with actionable strategies for improved performance and higher productivity. You’ll see your students set bigger goals and have step-by-step processes to achieve them.
Along with reaching his lifelong dream of climbing to the summit of Mount Everest, John has been featured dozens of prestigious media outlets such as 60 Minutes and The Weather Channel. He’s presented to over 580,000 live audience members in 46 US States and 6 countries, including TEDxCapeTown, which was attended by South Africa’s most influential thinkers and leaders.
A life-enthusiast who lives his message of goal-setting, productivity, and high performance, John is in the constant process of architecting his life into a great adventure.
John will create, film, and edit an engaging, custom virtual presentation for your school or organization. Here’s a preview from a recent virtual presentation 👇
The ‘High Altitude’ Formula That Will Help You ‘Crush It’ at Achieving Life Goals
Rock climbing is all about going UP. World-class climbers have a simple set of rules for staying on track, safe, and slaying it in the vertical world…. but what about you? Do you have a simple formula designed to help you identify your life’s purpose and a plan to make your vision a reality? With this keynote, you will! You’ll learn brilliantly simple lessons to get everything you want out of life. No matter the altitude of your dream, this amazing metaphor for success will teach you how to Climb On towards your own personal summits.
- A formula for identifying which summits are right for you to start climbing towards.
- How to create a plan for success that you’ll stick to, and one that keeps you motivated as you train and prepare for your challenge that awaits.
- Strategies to be resilient, motivated, and to keep on ‘going for it,’ even if it feels like you can’t!
How to Instantly and Ethically Become More Likable!
In this workshop, you’re going to discover a 7-step process to develop rapport with anyone you meet. Seriously, you’re going to be able to can “hack” into other people’s psychological hard-wiring and get them to like you! You’ll learn how to “own” your elections, rock your college and job interviews like a boss, and have better relationships with friends and family for the rest of your life. How’s that? Easy! All by using these 7 skills to connect with others in a more authentic and genuine way.
- Getting an instant ‘in’ with anyone you wish to connect with
- Making a killer first impression in job and college admissions interviews
- How to build long-lasting, quality relationships with amazing people!
Ideal Format: Workshop or Smaller Group
Mount Everest takes two months to climb. Temperatures are cold enough to freeze your hands within 90 seconds. Glaciers underfoot can collapse at any second. There are cliffs up to 5 times as tall as the empire state building and avalanches that fall from those very cliffs. These challenges cause even the toughest of climbers to consider quitting on a daily basis. So how do they endure? The same way YOU can endure at your long-term vision, even if it feels impossible right now!
- The surprising key to generating energy, even if it feels like there’s no gas left in the tank.
- How to choose positive teammates and guides while you tactfully ignore the negative complainers and haters.
- How to endure, persist, and carry on. In other words, how to have resilience and grit!
What does it mean to be a man in today’s world? Back in the day, it meant hunting down a lion, getting scarred with face tattoos, or undertaking solo wilderness survival odysseys that lasted months on end. But what about now? Do you have a set of tasks that, once complete, will define you as a man in today’s world? After this presentation, you will!
You’re about to undertake a revolutionary journey towards becoming a good man and a real man… at the same time. With no-holds-barred ‘straight talk’ about today’s world, you’ll hear epic tales of real-life make heroes who we can all look up to. But these stories are not just for entertainment. Rather, they’ll help you to become fully confident in understanding the power and capabilities of the warrior within.
- You’ll leave with a proven path for approaching your life with smarts, heart, virtues, and guts, in a genuine, totally authentic way.
- An understanding of how to ‘read’ and trust your inner compass, despite conflicting voices of whoever may be around you.
- A hard-hitting message about why trying to ‘be a tough guy’ and not showing emotion – actually aren’t manly traits at all, but destructive towards living a happy and long life.
- Techniques for developing self-awareness, healthy boundaries, grit, and a quality battle crew.
If you’re worried about global warming, or if you’ve been inspired by Greta’s climate change protests, this presentation is for you. You’ll discover how to take meaningful, lasting, sustainable impact in your community, school, and organizations! This keynote is all about eco-friendly, sustainable living, and it’s taught by a guy who climbed the tallest mountain on every continent. Do you know what’s a bigger challenge than getting to the top of those mountains? Saving them! He’s working towards it and he’s asking you to join him in the fight to save YOUR environment.
- Step-by-Step instructions for creating a charging station at your school that runs off of 100% renewable energy.
- An easy formula to reduce your carbon footprint by at least 50% and your plastic consumption by at least 30%.
- Ways to make lasting progress in the fight against global warming… without getting in trouble for ditching school.
“The advisers were thanking me for the best keynote in the history of our organization, and I tend to agree. Yours was the perfect keynote to kick off our conference in a positive and exciting direction.”Judy Reynolds, Washington FBLA
“John kicked off our conference, speaking to our 1,300 students and he definitely had the group motivated and fired up for the rest of the conference. He was swarmed with students for the rest of the time he was on site. His leadership and goal-setting definitely stuck with our kids.”JJ Colburn, Texas Association of Student Councils
“Six-hundred students and advisors were laughing hysterically and hanging on every word of John’s presentation.”Jen Staley, Indiana Department of Education
“By FAR, the favorite speaker of our conference delegates.”Theodore Gehring, North Carolina ASC
“John’s experience climbing to the top of Mount Everest will inspire anyone to climb towards their life’s greatest goals… and that’s why we made his harrowing story a part of our 60 Minutes feature about the legendary mountain.”Jo Townsend, Producer