Jessie Funk, MSW
Unshakable Emotional Intelligence & Critical Thinking Skills
- Mental Health
- Social & Emotional Learning
- Elementary School
- Middle & High School
- Educators & Staff
Fee Range: $2K-5KInvite Jessie
• Six-time Published Author
• Featured on America’s Got Talent
• Pursuing PhD in Critical Thinking Skills
Jessie Funk has been teaching and mentoring students for over a decade.
She holds a leadership certification from the University of Notre Dame, is a certified life coach, holds a B.S. Degree in Psychology, as well as a Masters in social work. Jessie is a former leadership facilitator for Franklin Covey and has also been a professional youth speaker for 18 years, speaking to over one million teens in high schools and leadership conferences all over the country.
She is a 6-time published author. Her passion for helping teens led her to start an international non-profit organization called “Ivy Girl Academy,” a confidence and leadership training program for teen ladies.
As a professional vocalist, she has released five solo albums, has toured 36 states with the Broadway musical “Footloose,” has also been hired for hundreds of recording sessions as a studio vocalist, including songs heard on TV’s “America’s Got Talent,” ESPN and “The Biggest Loser.” Jessie has walked away from three record deals unwilling to sell her soul for fame. She chooses to use her voice to lift and inspire in positive ways.
She also just began a life-long dream of pursuing a doctorate degree- focusing her dissertation on resilience and critical thinking skills. Jessie is a mother to two teenagers and knows firsthand how complex and wonderful the raising of kids can be!
Jessie takes a research-based approach to teach the importance of making good choices. She gives students four proven tools that can take their lives from average to extraordinary. She does all this while sharing personal, hilarious stories and dynamic pop music.
Jessie will host a LIVE and engaging virtual presentation for your school or organization. Here’s a preview 👇
Four proven tools that can take your life from average to extraordinary.
Jessie takes a research-based approach to teach the importance of making good choices. She gives students four proven tools that can take their lives from average to extraordinary. She addresses healthy vs. toxic relationships, bullying prevention, lessons from history’s greatest leaders and she does all this while sharing personal, hilarious stories, and dynamic pop music.
- Tool #1: Choose to believe in yourself.
- Tool #2: Choose to outsmart the bullies.
- Tool #3: Choose to set healthy boundaries.
- Tool #4: Choose to forgive and move forward.
In this presentation, Jessie shares her story of experiencing traditional school discipline first hand and the negative impacts that came with it. It was only when her principal decided to invest in her and think outside the box that they were able to find something that actually worked instead of traditional suspension. Because of that intervention and effort on the part of her dedicated administrator, Jessie is now a therapist who works with at-risk teenagers in a residential treatment program. She is working toward her doctorate degree with her research focus being positive discipline.
- The audience will walk away with a better understanding of what motivates disruptive behavior in the first place. If we understand that, we can better handle difficult situations with compassion and patience.
- Tried and true reaction tools. So much of effective discipline is how we react as adults. We have to check our own baggage.
- Three effective consequences that are guaranteed to help teens think, open their minds, and also know that they are seen as human beings who are LEARNING how to be human.
Think Kindness: Inspiring Measurable Acts of Kindness
This message sparks a kindness movement in your school and community; Jessie not only talks about being kind but inspires students and staff to take action.
- Explain and describe the impact of kindness.
- Start Small, Be Brave, Be Kind.
- Give actionable ideas to spread kindness.
- Respect, Bravery, Empathy, and Forgiveness.
- The effect a simple act of kindness can have.
Resilient Mental Health
In this presentation, licensed therapist Jessie Funk will discuss evidence-based techniques to build mental toughness and resilience. Based on psychology, Jessie shares evidence-based tools that the audience can walk away with to use in their everyday lives to thrive and feel strong and happy- even though they have experienced or are experiencing painful challenges. Jessie also uses the power of music and engaging personal stories to show that we are all in this together.
- How to set boundaries to honor what you need.
- How to manage negative thinking patterns that keep us doubting ourselves.
- How to move forward resiliently when life gets hard.
“What an AMAZING presentation from Jessie Funk! The kids and staff absolutely LOVED IT! ”Gracie G, Counselor at Forte Jr. High School
“I have never experienced a better speaker than Jessie Funk. She instantly connected with our students, they were riveted the entire time. They knew she genuinely cared about them and I had many students afterward tell me that they are going to actually apply some of her techniques. ”Linda T, Veteran Educator
“Jessie delivered a knock-out performance. The students were blown away and teachers and administrators were moved. ”Mark W, Principal, Springtown School