Preparing Students to Succeed in School & Life
- Academic Success
- College & Career Prep
- Motivation & Inspiration
- Middle & High School
Fee Range: $2K-5KInvite EJ
EJ Carrion is a transformational social entrepreneur, speaker, and thought leader who builds technology and innovations to create equitable people-powered solutions in education.
He is the co-founder and CEO of Student Success Agency, a digital mentoring platform that helps students get support anywhere, anytime from their electronic devices. Student Success Agency creates an environment for school systems to build, maintain, and mobilize their staff to deepen relationships with students in all learning formats and improve students’ academic, economic, and emotional well-being.
In 2014, EJ Carrion was a special guest to the White House during the Obama/Biden Administration and recognized at the U.S. Departments of Education at their annual Education Datapalooza event: Promoting Innovation in Improving College Access, Affordability, and Completion, for his innovative work in student engagement and supporting the whole child.
EJ was recognized by Forbes Magazine as a top 30 Entrepreneur under 30 in Education in 2018. Student Success Agency was listed as one of the Top 300 startups to work for in 2020.
During the pandemic when millions of students went online and thousands of schools closed for in-person learning, EJ was called on by NBC, ABC, Fox News affiliates, and national agencies to provide expertise and guidance on supporting students their virtual learning experiences.
EJ is a first-generation college student who received the prestigious Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship.
He has become one of the country’s top education speakers after his Goalcast video about his stepdad Mike hit over 35 million views on Facebook.
He has presented to audiences across 48 states and around the world with the goal of being mind-expanding, dynamically enthusiastic, and a human possibility pusher for the audiences he has the privilege to engage.
EJ will create an engaging virtual presentation for your school or organization based on your objectives. Here’s a preview of what you can expect 👇
EJ’s JUMP speech is a dynamic message that will have students at the edge of their seats. The goal of this presentation is to get students comfortable being themselves and not afraid to stand out. EJ will motivate the crowd by using humor and storytelling to connect with students about how they show up to the world and how they see their aspirations matter in their long-term success.
- Recognize fear and move through it to achieve success
- Understand the importance of showing up and bringing your whole self to create the life you want
- Learn when internal and external limitations are holding you back from achieving your goals
- Breakdown all aspects of purpose to create a more meaningful vision and outcomes around career, academics, and life
- Lead during times of discomfort
- How to grow outside your comfort zone
EJ went from a first-generation college student from a small town in Texas to a first-generation wealth builder who created world-class companies. In this presentation, the audience will learn EJ’s story and get his fresh perspective on how students should navigate this ever-changing world. EJ uses humor and storytelling to relate to the audience and teach them how to use entrepreneurial attributes to leverage the speed of change and their youthful relevance to capitalize on opportunities.
- How to use entrepreneurship as a way to excel through school and career goals
- Identify exponential opportunities to accelerate success
- Adapt to change and think through future trends quickly
- Innovate on strategies that might have been successful in the past but are no longer relevant without an update to the approach
- How to approach career goals and leadership opportunities to scale impact
Educators, parents, and mentors are stretched thin because our jobs, community, and family demand more of our time. In this session, EJ inspires the audience to think differently about what it means to impact students. As an experienced education technologist and entrepreneur, EJ shares frameworks around scaling our talents and building systems that allow ourselves and our students to thrive. EJ will share best practices and innovative strategies to increase student support and school culture.
- How to increase the number of students pursuing leadership opportunities
- The practical value of hope and optimism with students
- How to create a compelling vision for their future
- How to increase student outcomes
- Understanding diversity and inclusion with all students
- Practical insights on being a students “Mike”
With the rising cost of college and the landscape of the educational world post-pandemic shifting, many families and students are asking this critical question, “Is College Worth It?” EJ shares his perspective on why higher education is important and how students should approach their academic journey to maximize their experience and take full advantage of their available resources. EJ was a first generational college student who got a full-ride scholarship from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. He will share his tips, strategies, and experience that have helped him and thousands of others make college more affordable.
- Navigate the college process
- Explore scholarships
- Take advantage of your college experience
- Create a well-branded application when applying to college
- Decide on which opportunities you want to explore
- How to make smart investments that create long-term success and reduce burdens
Do you lead or work for an institution, non-profit organization, or association that says they value diversity? This presentation focuses on analyzing equity and offering a fresh viewpoint on how we should approach improving racial, gender, economic, and health gaps. This dynamic presentation is not just an external perspective but also an internal audit of how your organization, team, and self look at your responsibilities of building a more compassionate world. We can no longer acknowledge and ignore; we must ask ourselves what privileges, power, and advantages are we willing to give up to build a more inclusive and just community.
- How to communicate more empathetically when discussing inequality and disparity gaps in the organization
- Become a more observant and conscious member of the team when biases and systemic challenges need to be addressed or acknowledged
- Patience and understanding that this work is a journey, not a destination which is why we go further together
- How to reposition conversations around diversity equity and inclusion to be seeing an opportunity for growth rather than an attack on one’s character
- Create a vision and meaningful system changes that solve the larger challenges that prevent others in your community equal access to success
- Understand resistance is a part of the process
“We have had EJ speak to over 1,700 of our students in the past two years. He's always achieved 95%+ on our surveys in relation to the value that he creates for our students.”Chelsey Karlin, YEP Coordinator
“EJ Carrion was truly the best keynote speaker I’ve ever heard. ”Emma Klaire, YE Summit
“EJ Carrion breaks down the path to success into three stages and 12 milestone markers that measure if you are on track. This is practical and useful for all students. ”Joanna D, Vine Voice