David Edward Garcia
Motivational Comedian: Heartfelt Inspiration Through Laughter
- Health & Wellness
- Motivation & Inspiration
- Professional Development
- Grade 6-12 Students
- College Students
- Teachers & Staff
Fee: $5K-10KInvite David
• High School Teacher; US History & French
• Voted “Motivational Comedian” Of The Year
• Can Present in English, Spanish, or French
David empathizes with students who face challenges because he was once considered an “at-risk student” himself before defying the odds and graduating with a bachelor’s degree and then earning his Master’s Degree.
David Edward Garcia is the only 5-language-speaking-motivational-comedian on the planet! David empathizes with diverse students who face challenges because he was once considered an “at-risk student” himself before defying the odds and graduating with a bachelor’s degree and then earning his Master’s Degree.
He has motivated students and educators in some of the greatest metropolitan cities of the world: Los Angeles, New York, Sao Paulo, Paris, and London.
His upbringing facilitated his multiculturalism/ multilingualism, which makes it easy to relate to diverse audiences. While his native languages are English and Spanish, David has also presented in French and Portuguese on his international tours. (He also speaks Italian, bringing his language total to five—for now.)
Languages Spoken Fluently: English, Spanish, and French.
Working in education is not a job, it is a calling. Even for those who plan to work with kids for a short season, that short season is a calling to build superheroes. David looks at how educators can help students discover their superpower. He shares his personal journey as an at-risk student then becoming a High School French teacher who was working with at-risk students. This performance follows David’s signature pattern of half standup/half inspiration / ALL POSITIVE. David shares his experience of growing up as an “at-risk” student on the Texas-Mexico border. He shares how he went from failing high school classes to earning three college degrees, learning five languages, traveling to six continents. He also shares candid stories of success and failure that he has encountered as a public high school French teacher in Texas.
- Keeping your sanity in the wild world of teaching
- Brain hacks to help you finish when you want to quit in October
- Being big and impactful when circumstances want to crush you
- The 90/90 principle: Getting 90% of your students to get a 90%
David celebrates the work of educators and staff with an injection of laughter. He hilariously challenges educators and staff to continue giving their best.
This keynote follows David’s signature pattern of half standup comedy (clean and appropriate, of course) / half inspirational message to keep at it.
- David shares his experience growing up as an “at-risk” student on the Texas-Mexico border.
- He shares how he went from failing high school classes to earning three college degrees, learning five languages, and traveling to six continents.
- He also shares candid stories of success and failure that he has encountered as a Texas public high school French teacher.
This comedic keynote gives the audience steps to write/re-write their own powerful narrative as they develop their mental well-being.
David shares his experience of growing up as an “at-risk” student on the Texas-Mexico border. He shares how he went from failing high school classes to earning three college degrees, learning five languages, traveling to six continents. He shows his audience how they can find their genius and build their successful life.
- Showing students how they can successfully navigate the daunting challenges in life as they develop their unique own unique voice (superpower).
- Guiding students to employ the power of positive psychology to re-write their own story. They will be encouraged to find a gift in their pain.
- Giving students communication and negotiation techniques that help them find a team around them who can help them succeed.
It is half standup/half inspiration / ALL POSITIVE and gives students keys to ensure continued success, happiness, abundance, and wealth. The main objective is to celebrate yourself first, and from that overflow celebrate EVERY other student you come in contact with. The truth is we are all diverse, and unique – we are all a masterpiece. When you celebrate the uniqueness of yourself and others, life becomes beautiful beyond description!
This is a motivational comedy that gives students three keys that will undoubtedly ensure their future success. Half of this message is delivered in pro-standup comedy format and the other half has comedic anecdotes and poignant truths that make this learning process extremely fun!
“I have never seen anybody with the uniqueness of David Edward Garcia. He combines his talent of multiple languages, comedy, and teaching to deliver an unforgettable, inspirational experience.”Dr. Marcus Nelson, Superintendent
“David captured our students attention immediately. He did a FANTASTIC job motivating our students. I highly recommend his message!”Ruben Arguelles, Principal
“Audiences of every background will benefit from David’s message that anything can be accomplished through education, courage, and confidence. I have witnessed first hand his message transform our students.”Dr. Jerri Centili, United ISD